OCBC Bank Scholarship
The scholarship is open to students who have gained admission or are eligible for admission into first year full-time undergraduate studies at all public and private universities recognized by the Government of Malaysia. We also welcome first year students of these universities to apply.
If you have excellent STPM/Matriculation results with leadership and extra-curricular records, and are enrolling for a full-time undergraduate course, we invite you to apply today.
Who are we looking for?
- Malaysian citizen
- Minimum 7As in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM); or 5As in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Minimum 2As in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM); or 2As in GCE A-Level
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 in Matriculation/Foundation Studies
- Minimum CGPA of 3.50 for existing first year undergraduates
- Holds leadership positions in extra-curricular activities, societies and clubs in school/university
- Possesses a dynamic personality with excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship or award from any other organisations and/or institutions
- Family household income of no more than RM 7,000 monthly
Courses that meet the Bank’s needs
What’s in it for you?
Two categories of scholarship are offered. The annual value of each is as follow:
- RM12,000 per year per student who has gained admission into a selected Malaysian public university
- RM23,000 per year per student who has gained admission into a selected Malaysian private university
The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period required to complete a course leading to a first degree – subject to consistent and excellent academic performance.
All candidates will be required to avail themselves for employment at OCBC Bank. However, if for any reason the Bank decides this is not needed, or is unable to employ the candidate, it will duly release him or her from this requirement.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Complete the application form that can be downloaded HERE
- Prepare an essay of 800 words on the topic below:
“Have you been in leadership positions in school/university? If yes, what are the biggest challenges you have faced and what have you learned from it?”
- Ensure all documents required are submitted along. You can download the scholarship checklist HERE
Application and Enquiries
Please send in completed application form, essay and supporting documents (as listed in the scholarship checklist) to us before or latest on 30th June (annually) to the address below:
OCBC Public Scholarship MALAYSIA
OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
5th Floor, Wisma Lee Rubber, 1 Jalan Melaka, 50100 Kuala Lumpur