British Council GREAT Scholarships for Malaysians
The British Council is offering GREAT Scholarships to all Malaysian students who wish to study postgraduate programmes at the selected UK universities.
For the 2022-23 academic year there are postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions.
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Bishop Grosseteste University is offering scholarships to students in Malaysia, applying for postgraduate study at BGU*.
The GREAT Scholarships 2021 programme, launched by the British Council together with 41 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Thailand to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The scholarship programme offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects, at the 41 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The number of GREAT Scholarships available for each country is :
- Malaysia – 1
- have an offer of study and have firmly accepted their place before they are eligible to apply for scholarship funding,
- not have already studied a postgraduate taught degree,
- have the funds to cover the remaining living costs, travel, and any other costs associated with studying at the University,
- be a national (Passport holder) of Malaysia; and,
- be classed as an overseas student for fee purposes.
Applications for this award are now open. Please ensure you have read and understood the entry criteria before completing the form. Applications for this award will close on 31 March 2022.
In order to apply for a GREAT Scholarship, applicants should:
- Apply online for an eligible course through the course webpage
- Complete the relevant application form:
GREAT Scholarships application form
- Applications open on 25 October 2021, and close on 31 May 2022.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Successful award holders are to be informed by 17th June 2022.
Click to apply here.